The health and safety of the Lyft community is our priority. We’re dedicated to doing what we can to slow the spread of COVID-19. We want to inform drivers and riders how to keep everyone safe while using the Lyft platform.
As recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Don’t ride if you have COVID-19, think you have it, or have related symptoms
- Wear a mask the entire ride
- Use hand sanitizer
- Turn off recirculated air, and keep windows down when possible
- Leave the front passenger seat open
You can find more info or contact us in the ‘Help’ tab in your Lyft app. For helpful driver safety tips, visit the Learning Center tab in your Lyft Driver app.
Refer to these resources for info on COVID-19:
Keeping our community safe
- Learn about Lyft’s Health Safety Commitment
- Learn how we are helping Lyft's driver community
- Learn about our health safety cancellation policy
Resources for drivers
- Learn how the CARES act can help drivers who are unemployed due to COVID-19
- See guidance for rideshare drivers from the CDC
- We’re giving out free health safety kits at some Hubs and Driver Centers. Check our Hub locations to see if free kits are available near you.
- Lyft drivers can order supplies and partitions with no Lyft mark-up at the Lyft Store
- Lyft drivers can get a 30-day free trial One Medical membership. This includes free virtual care and COVID-19 testing. Sign up here.
Lyft service updates
- See updates to local Lyft service
- See Lyft's latest updates on COVID-19
- Some Hubs and Driver Centers are temporarily closed. Check locations near you.
Donate a Ride