Lyft Rewards is a driver program that recognizes you for driving with Lyft and rewards you for your earnings during busy hours.
- How to earn points
- Unlocking the next tier
- Qualification periods
- Openbay discounts and credits
- Roadside assistance with Allstate
- Save on filing your taxes with TurboTax
- Terms and conditions
We'll let you know when Lyft Rewards is available to you. Right now, it’s only available to some drivers.
You’ll be able to start earning points as soon as the program is available to you.
How to earn points
Lyft Rewards gives you points for every eligible dollar you earn. Points are used to both unlock tiers and earn rewards.
For a ride to include points, the ride pickup or drop-off must happen during busy hours.
You can find your region’s busy hours in the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab of your Lyft Driver app menu.
You earn qualifying points as you drive.
To learn more about which rewards are available in your region or to view your region’s busy hours, go to the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab of your Lyft Driver app menu.
- Qualifying points help determine your tier status in the program for both your current and upcoming qualifying periods. These points reset at the beginning of a qualifying period.
In some regions, your points can also be redeemed for rewards.
- Redeemable points can be redeemed for ride credits, service discounts, and cash. Redemption of your points has no impact on your tier or qualifying points. These points have no expiration.
You can check to see if redeemable points are available in your region by going to the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab of your Lyft driver app. If they’re available, you’ll see a ‘Redeem points’ button at the top of the page.
Which earnings are eligible for points
On a ride that’s accepted or dropped off during a busy hour, you earn points on:
- Base fares
- Time and distance earnings
- Tips, up to $15 per ride
You don’t earn points on other types of earnings, which include:
- Ride bonuses (such as Personal Power Zones and Streak bonuses)
- Cancel fees
- Earnings from rides not accepted or dropped off during busy hours
- Other bonuses, earnings, and fees
Points per dollar
Check the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab of your Lyft Driver app for details. Drivers will earn 1 point per dollar for driving during busy hours.
Points earned on tips are separate from points earned on other ride earnings, but they’re calculated the same way.
Unlocking the next tier
Lyft Rewards has three tiers: Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
As you earn qualifying points, you also make progress toward unlocking the next tier. The number of qualifying points you need to unlock each tier is based on your region.
In some regions, you will also need to meet a rating or driving score requirement to unlock tiers.
Your progress can be found in the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab of your Lyft Driver app menu.
There are four Lyft Rewards periods each year:
- Feb. 1 - April 30
- May 1 - July 31
- Aug. 1 - Oct. 31
- Nov. 1 - Jan. 31
The points you earn during a period help you unlock the next tier.
Your progress toward the next tier resets at the end of each period. This reset does not affect your rewards points balance.
Once you unlock a tier you keep your status through the current period, as long as you maintain your rating or driving score.
The kinds of rewards you can get depends on the tier you unlock.
Once you unlock Silver, you'll get:
- Ability to redeem points for credits to take Lyft Rides (in select regions)
- Discounted auto maintenance and repairs with Openbay
- Ability to redeem points for vehicle services with Openbay (in select regions)
- Discounted roadside assistance with Allstate
- Savings on TurboTax Self-Employed (available from December through April)
In regions with a driving score, 60% unlocks Silver. A score of 80% unlocks Gold and Platinum tiers.
Note: the ability to redeem points for rewards is only available in select regions.
With Gold, you keep all Silver rewards, and you also get:
- An additional use of Destination Mode each day
- Exclusive access to Preferred rides, which means more rides and a bonus for every Preferred ride given (for a limited time)
- The ability to see the direction and length of a ride before you accept it (90% acceptance rate required)
- To see your current acceptance rate, tap 'See trip info before accepting a ride' from the Gold Rewards details in your app
- The option to redeem points for a cash bonus (in select regions)
In regions with a rating requirement, Gold and Platinum rewards tiers require a rating of 4.90 or higher to access. However, you won’t lose Gold status during the period you achieve it unless your rating falls lower than 4.80
In regions with a driving score, you won’t lose your Silver status unless your score goes lower than 55%. You’ll keep your Gold or Platinum status unless your score goes lower than 75%.
Preferred rides require a rating of 4.90 or more, 2014 or newer vehicle, 300 lifetime rides, less than two clean flags in the last 20 rides, and 37" or more of legroom (based on manufacturer's specifications). Riders will be able to let you know if they want a quiet ride, notify you if they have luggage, and the vehicle temperature they prefer. We recommend always offering respectful and top-notch service.
Platinum includes Silver and Gold rewards. You also get:
- An additional use of Destination Mode a day
- Free roadside assistance with Allstate
- Additional savings on TurboTax Self-Employed
Platinum rewards require a rating of 4.90 or higher to access. However, you won’t lose Platinum status during the period you achieve it unless your rating falls lower than 4.80.
Openbay discounts and credits
Through Lyft Rewards, you can also access discounted pricing on common vehicle services using the vehicle service marketplace, Openbay.
Some Lyft Rewards drivers can also redeem their rewards points for credits with Openbay.
If you’re curious about what services and pricing are available, tap ‘Save on car services’ in your Lyft Rewards dashboard.
You can also sign in to https://www.openbay.com/lyft/.
Due to service limitations, some vehicles may not qualify. For a complete list of qualifying vehicles, click here.
If you have questions about appointment scheduling, services offered, locations where Openbay is available, or pricing, you can call or email Openbay support at (617) 398-8888, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can take advantage of Allstate roadside services when you need emergency roadside assistance for your vehicle.
Discounted rates only apply to Lyft-approved vehicles. Personal vehicles that aren't approved to drive with Lyft aren't eligible.
Silver and Gold
Save an average of 20% (based on national roadside assistance averages) with our pre-negotiated flat rates.
Lyft will cover base roadside assistance services from Allstate.
You can request up to 3 services within a period. There are four Lyft Rewards periods each year:
- Feb. 1 - April 30
- May 1 - July 31
- Aug. 1 - Oct. 31
- Nov. 1 - Jan. 31
Once you've requested 3 services, you can still use Allstate but will have to pay the pre-negotiated flat rates.
Save on filing your taxes with TurboTax
We’re partnering with TurboTax and offering all drivers free access to TurboTax Self-Employed. We're also offering 50% off TurboTax Live Self-Employed, which connects you with a real tax expert for unlimited tax advice and a final review of your return before you file.
All drivers qualify for the following perks:
TurboTax Self Employed ($130 value)
- Free federal filing until 4/15
TurboTax Live Self-Employed ($100 value)
- 50% off federal filing until 4/15
The following perks are available only to Platinum drivers:
TurboTax Self-Employed ($130 value)
- Free federal and state filing until 4/15
TurboTax Live Self-Employed ($145 value)
- 50% off federal filing and free state filing until 4/15
As a heads up, you must access TurboTax through your Driver Dashboard in order for the discount to apply.
If you access TurboTax through your Dashboard and then later access TurboTax directly through their website, the discount will not apply. Lyft is not responsible for fees incurred by accessing TurboTax directly.
Terms and conditions