Earnings Guarantees are promotions that may be available to new and existing drivers. These promotions let you earn a certain amount for completing the required rides in a set amount of time. If you don't make the Earnings Guarantee amount on your own, we'll cover the difference.
- Earnings Guarantees for new drivers
- Types of Earnings Guarantee promotions
- Earnings Guarantee promotion examples
- Payment and timing
- Additional terms
After you meet the requirements, all eligible earnings will be in your app within one hour.
Eligible earnings include:
- Time and distance earnings
- Personal Power Zone bonuses (if available in your region)
Eligible earnings don't include:
- Cancellation fees
- Airport fees or other third party charges
- Any Lyft fees like the Service Fee or Platform Fee
- Ride Challenge bonuses
Promotion calculations are available in your Lyft Driver app under the ‘Earnings’ tab.
New applicants may apply to drive with an Earnings Guarantee by:
- Using an Earnings Guarantee promo code
- Clicking the link in a Lyft ad for an Earnings Guarantee
To qualify to earn a guaranteed amount, applicants must:
- Enter a valid Earnings Guarantee promo code on the application
- Be approved to drive by the deadline specified in your app, in a region that is offering the promotion
- Meet the ride requirements shown in the 'Earnings' tab of the Lyft Driver app
Eligible drivers cannot use other new driver incentives. You can only use one code when applying to drive with Lyft.
Tap the 'Earnings' tab on the home screen of your Lyft Driver app to see your earnings. You can also check the 'Ride History' tab in your Driver Dashboard.
We may also offer the following Earnings Guarantees to some current, active drivers:
5 AM Monday - 5 AM Friday
5 AM Friday - 5 AM Monday
5 AM Monday - 5 AM the next Monday
Other promotion time frames may also become available.
Here are two examples of earnings guarantees for current, active drivers:
- Lyft might offer a $100 Earnings Guarantee for completing 5 rides on Thursday
- A driver gives 5 rides and earns $90 on those rides
- Since they only made $90 on the first 5 rides, and Lyft guaranteed they would make $100, the driver receives an extra $10
- Lyft might offer a $500 Earnings Guarantee for completing 50 rides during the Lyft week (Monday 5 AM to next Monday at 5 AM)
- A driver completes 50 rides and makes $575 in eligible earnings
- Lyft doesn't issue any additional money because the driver hit the guaranteed total of at least $500 for 50 rides
Lyft will email you if you're eligible for an Earnings Guarantee promotion. The email will include the guarantee amount and ride requirements.
You'll be able to see the requirements and track your progress from your Lyft Driver app.
Once you meet all the requirements, you'll see the extra amount added to your earnings within one hour. We will list the difference between your earnings and the guarantee amount as its own line item. These earnings will show in your 'Driving History' and are eligible to cash out.
If you choose not to cash out your earnings, we will include this bonus in your weekly deposit.
Payment and timing are different for new driver Earnings Guarantees. Learn more about Earnings Guarantees for new drivers.
The following terms apply to Guarantee promotions and are subject to change:
- Guarantee promotions are based on ride earnings after Lyft's fees are calculated
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lyft, and is not guaranteed
- No more than two rides given to the same passenger will count toward the ride requirement
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft's terms of service and Lyft reserves the right to deny the bonus in the event of suspected fraud or abuse
- This promotion runs for a limited time only and may be suspended or ended at any time in Lyft’s discretion. The amount of the guarantee varies by market and time of application and may be changed in Lyft's discretion
- Market-specific caps may apply