For non-safety related issues or damage, see 'Non-safety incidents.'
Critical Response Line
Our Trust & Safety team is here for you 24/7. If you need to report an accident, passenger behavior that threatened your personal safety, or if you receive a regulatory citation, please select the contact support button below.
Non-safety incidents & damage
To report damage, tap 'Contact Support' below with the following info:
- At least 2 clear photos of the damage (see photo tips)
- Identifying info about the passenger (first name works best, but pick-up and drop-off locations and times are also helpful)
- Report the damage before beginning the next ride, or within 2 hours, whichever is sooner
- Brief description of how the incident occurred
We'll assess the damage after you've submitted this. If the damage warrants a flat-rate fee, we'll be in touch.
If the damage requires significant cleaning or repair and prevents you giving Lyft rides, wait until your car is up to speed before driving.
Check your car regularly after a ride is completed to check for passenger damage. If you find passenger damage, remember these tips:
- Take a photo with your phone to record the time and date of the incident
- Turn on the car's interior light to make sure pictures are clear
- Use your phone's flash when taking pictures
Note: Lyft determines the damage fee amount, which is meant to help drivers repair, remediate, or clean affected areas of their vehicle only. We handle damage reports on a case-by-case basis. Damage fees come entirely from passengers.