To delete your Lyft account and data, visit our data privacy page.
If you request to delete your Lyft data, we will delete your account and information to the extent required by applicable law.
A request to delete your Lyft account will apply to both your rider and driver accounts. There isn’t a way to request only partial deletion of your account or data. There also isn't a way to undo an account deletion request once completed.
We aim to respond within 45 days of receiving your request. If we need more time, we’ll inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
In some cases, we will be unable to delete your account. This may apply if there is an issue with your account related to trust, safety, or fraud.
Lyft operates its service only in the US and Canada. Lyft accounts and ride information are not covered by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Tap ‘Go to account deletion'. Then, follow the steps below:
- Visit our data privacy page
- Once logged in, you can choose to download your data
- Tap ‘Start’ under the ‘Delete account’ section. Select a reason for your account deletion request.
- Confirm your request by entering ‘DELETE’ into the text box.
Once you select “Delete account,” we can’t undo the request.
You can request a copy of your Lyft data (which includes information like your ride history). Download your account data before deleting your account. This data is not available after an account deletion.
It’s easiest to use a desktop computer to request and view your data download. Follow the steps below to download:
- Visit our privacy data page. Sign in if you aren’t logged in already.
- Tap ‘Start’ under the download data section.
- Your data will download as a ZIP file. That’s it!
Your data will include a file titled ‘DataDictionary.’ This file explains each file type and what information it contains.
If you request to download your Lyft data, we provide:
- Categories of personal information we have collected about you
- Categories of personal information sources we collect from
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information
- Categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information
- Specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
After you request a download, you’ll get an email from us as soon as the download is complete. You can also check your download status by visiting the data privacy page. It may take a few days to receive your download after requesting it.
We do not sell your personal information. To make the Lyft Platform work, we may need to share your personal information with other users. This includes third parties and service providers.
We collect personal information about:
- You and your rides, such as your identity (so we know who you are).
- Payment information (so we can charge riders and pay drivers).
- Location (so we can allow pickups or point you to bikes and scooters nearby).
Either you provide us this information, or we collect information when you use our platform. And in some cases, the information comes from third parties that provide us services.
Currently, there isn’t a way to restore a deleted account. If you would like to rejoin the Lyft platform you can create a new account.