Express Pay lets you cash out your earnings before your usual weekly deposit starts processing on Mondays at 5 AM. Earnings can appear within a few hours or days, depending on your bank’s processing time.
- Express Pay deposit timing
- Lower deposit than expected
- I cashed out to a cancelled card
- What earnings are eligible?
- How to cash out and set up Express Pay
- Debit card requirements
- Banks without instant payouts
- Express Pay for Express Drive
Successful transfers start processing immediately, but earnings only appear in your account when your bank has finished processing the deposit. Depending on your bank, earnings can show in an hour or two, but may take longer.
If your Express Pay transfer is declined, we’ll send it to your checking account as a direct deposit. If this happens, you should still see your earnings in 1 - 3 business days.
Here are the most common reasons you don't see your deposit yet:
- Your bank is still processing the transaction. Some banks take more time to process deposits, like if your bank doesn't process payments on weekends or holidays.
- Your debit card or account info isn’t current or valid. Learn how to update it.
- Your account or card is cancelled. Learn how to add a new card.
- Your bank doesn't support instant payouts. See a partial list of these banks.
Earnings eligible for Express Pay deposits may decrease on Tuesdays because Tuesday is when we begin issuing weekly deposits. Once your weekly deposit has been sent out, your earnings are on the way to your checking account and are no longer available for Express Pay.
If your debit card or account info isn't up-to-date, your transfer will be declined. If this happens, we'll text you with instructions on how to fix it.
Make sure your debit card info is updated before you tap 'Confirm Deposit.' If it isn’t, tap 'Edit’ and submit your updated card info.
All ride earnings, tips, cancel fees, and bonuses are eligible for Express Pay once they have been added to your earnings.
Some incentives aren't available right away because they are calculated at the end of the Lyft week (Monday) or they are scheduled to pay out on a specific date. Once that bonus payment has been added to your earnings, it will be available to cash out using Express Pay. If you don’t cash it out, it will automatically be sent out in your weekly deposit.
Why was one of my rides excluded from Express Pay? Here are the most common reasons a ride payment isn't immediately available for Express Pay:
- The ride is under review (such as for a Terms of Service violation or unusually high fare)
- We're legally prevented to include the ride in your Express Pay transfer
Once a ride payment has been added to your earnings, it will be available for Express Pay or your weekly deposit.
Can I cancel an Express Pay? Once you cash out through Express Pay, you can't cancel the transaction.
Is there a limit to how much I can cash out? Yes, Express Pay deposits are limited to $3,000.
You can cash out up to five times a day with Express Pay. Keep in mind your bank may have its own daily, weekly, or other transfer restrictions on instant transfers.
Heads up: Express Pay is unavailable for drivers with any rides under review, which can happen when we see suspicious activity on an account. Any unpaid earnings will be included in your next scheduled weekly deposit.
Tap 'Get paid' in the 'Earnings' tab to use Express Pay. You must have at least $5.50 in earnings to cash out.
Heads up: There's a $0.50 fee for each Express Pay transfer. This fee is waived for Lyft Direct debit cards.
When you cash out, we may send you a text for security. Reply to the text so that we can start the transfer process.
To set up Express Pay or add a different card:
- Tap 'Settings'
- Tap 'Payment Info'
- Tap the debit card under ‘Express Pay’ to edit or set up your payment info
- After you enter a new debit card, we'll send you a confirmation text. Follow the instructions to verify your new card
- After you set up Express Pay, it may take 1 - 3 business days for your bank info to be verified
Express Pay won't work without a valid debit card. To use Express Pay:
- It must be a debit card (not a credit card)
- It must be issued in the country you are driving in
- It must be connected to a checking account
- It must be attached to a bank account with a balance of $1.00 or more
- It can't be a prepaid card
If an Express Pay transfer fails, we'll ask you to update your debit card.
If you're unable to add a card for Express Pay, your bank may not support instant transfers. If your bank doesn't support instant payouts, we'll include your earnings in your weekly deposit as usual. Your earnings will be reflected in your account within 1 - 3 business days.
Here are a couple ways to see if your bank supports immediate transfers:
- Speak to someone at your bank and ask if they support instant payouts
- Look for your bank on this list
Below is a partial list of banks that don't support instant payouts.
Aba Card Solutions, Inc. Aba Card Solutions, Inc. | Banco Coomeva S.A. | Banco Popular De Puerto Rico | Barrington Bank & Trust Company National Association | Brenham Natl Bank | Calvin B Taylor Banking | Citizens Bank Swainsboro | Cornercard Uk Ltd | Dcb Bank Limited | First Century Bank National Association | Firstmerit Bank National Association | Florida Capital Bank National Association | Heartland Bank | HSBC Bank USA, National Association | J.P. Morgan Europe Limited | Ky W Va Gas Co. Employees Federal Credit Union | Madison County Bank | Mb Financial Bank National Association | Mwabank | Northbrook Bank & Trust Company | Ravalli County Federal Credit Union | Republic Bank | Republic Bank of Chicago | Sunrise Banks National Association | Target Bank | The Bank & Trust | Tib The Independent Bankersbank | Wesbanco Bank Inc.
Express Drive renters can use Express Pay, which lets you cash out your earnings before your weekly deposit starts processing on Mondays at 5 AM. Earnings can appear within a few hours or days, depending on your bank's processing time.
You can unlock Express Pay once you have earned enough to cover your rental hold, which is displayed in the ‘Earnings’ tab in your app. Your rental hold amount may vary each week due to tolls, tickets, damage, and other fees.
Additional fees will post to your rental hold every Monday so you’ll always know the amount you’re responsible for before being charged. This helps you manage your schedule and drive towards paying off your weekly rental cost.
Any earnings over the rental hold will be eligible for you to cash out using Express Pay. Tap the 'Get paid' button in the app in order to initiate a transfer.